VRG S.A. (previous name Vistula Group S.A.) is a company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange S.A. since 1993.
VRG S.A. Capital Group specializes in designing and distribution of the high-quality fashion collections for men and women and jewellery. It is the owner of very well-known trademarks in five main lines: Vistula, Bytom, Wólczanka, Deni Cler Milano and W.KRUK. VRG S.A. Capital Group focuses on managing the brands, designing attire and jewellery and development of own sales network in two main sectors (clothing and jewellery)
The current face of the VRG S.A. Capital Group emerged as a result of an intensive process of mergers, acquisitions and restructuring carried out in recent years. VRG S.A. purchased and created new clothing brands, renewed the image of the most recognizable private labels and strengthened its market position with a prospective jewellery segment. The development process involved the merger with Wólczanka S.A. in 2006, obtaining direct control over the listed company W.KRUK S.A. based in Poznań, and indirect over DCG S.A. in 2008 and a formal merger by acquisition of the property of W.KRUK S.A. based in Poznań in December 2008, and subsequently splitting off jeweler's activities into the subsidiary W.KRUK S.A. based in Krakow through a contribution in kind of an organized part of the enterprise. The last stage of this strategy so far was a merger with the listed company Bytom S.A. officially accomplished in November 2018. As a result of these intensive activities, VRG S.A. has built a capital group of well-known Polish brands operating at the fashion, jewellery and luxury goods market.
Since 2000 the basis of VRG S.A. has been the implementation of the vision of the "Brand House" and distributor on the retail market. In the face of a drop in revenues from processing exports caused by the outflow of principals from Western Europe to more competitive markets of the Far East countries, own production capacity of the VRG S.A. capital group is being gradually decreased in order to adapt it to existing sales opportunities at the domestic and foreign markets. The production activity is outsourced to other domestic and foreign specialized entities, unrelated by equity and organizations with VRG S.A.
For years VRG S.A. has been developing its retail network. Currently it consists of 597 stores of the total retail surface approximately 54,3k sq. m (including i.al. 155 stores of Vistula brand, 126 Bytom stores, 138 W.KRUK stores, 139 Wólczanka stores and 39 Deni Cler Milano stores).
The core operating activity of the VRG S.A. capital group is currently associated with the development of the following brands:
- Vistula – at Polish market since 1967, lifestyle men’s fashion including also the classic collection of the sub-brand Lantier and the collection of Vistula Red sub-brand which reflects the latest fashion trends.
- Bytom – the brand existing at the Polish market since 1945, offering collections of men’s fashion.
- Wólczanka – the brand existing since 1948, in the market as a boutique with the offer of men’s shirts, including exclusive line of Lambert sub-brand.
- W.KRUK – the brand representing traditional jewelry with the history dating back to 1840. W.KRUK’s offer includes jewellery and watches of global Swiss brands such as: Rolex, IWC, Breitling, Omega, Tag Heuer.
- Deni Cler Milano – the brand originating in Milan, managed by the subsidiary DCG S.A., offering luxury attire for women.